Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Hey all. I thank God for hearts that are so open to share. You have no idea how I wow-ed at your posts. (:

Anyway, I also enjoyed the sermon on prayers because I still have many questions about the topic. I guess all of us face this issue of going-to-fall-asleep when we pray cause' many times we share about that, everyone starts laughing because we can relate to it. Haha. Jesus really encouraged me with the passage that Bishop Moses Tay shared..

Matthew 26: 39-45

39Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."

40Then he returned to his disciples and found them sleeping. "Could you men not keep watch with me for one hour?" he asked Peter. 41"Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak."

42He went away a second time and prayed, "My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done."

43When he came back, he again found them sleeping, because their eyes were heavy. 44So he left them and went away once more and prayed the third time, saying the same thing.

45Then he returned to the disciples and said to them, "Are you still sleeping and resting? Look, the hour is near, and the Son of Man is betrayed into the hands of sinners. 46Rise, let us go! Here comes my betrayer!"

One of my question was: Is it really so important to pray for the same things over and over again? Isn't that like repeating? But Jesus prayed the same prayer three times! I guess there's one thin line between perseverance in prayer and repetitive prayers. To persevere in prayer is to really mean in genuinely and and living it out in faith (which means to think of these things that are worthy, lovely etc.) To repeat our prayers is to pray without the heart, like memorising texts for exams. (Gotcha? (;) Yeah, but as human, we still need God's grace as we grow to love prayer more.

As to the discussion during cell, you have no idea how difficult it was for me to share. Especially since uncle daniel was there. Haha. But my spirit's truly delighted when he shared about some verses, like Revelation 12:11

10Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say:
"Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God,
and the authority of his Christ.
For the accuser of our brothers,
who accuses them before our God day and night,
has been hurled down.
11They overcame him
by the blood of the Lamb
and by the word of their testimony;
they did not love their lives so much
as to shrink from death.
12Therefore rejoice, you heavens
and you who dwell in them!
But woe to the earth and the sea,
because the devil has gone down to you!
He is filled with fury,
because he knows that his time is short."

So.. remember to send me your testimonies asap! Currently, I only have Iris', Joshua's and Smart's. Your testimony is powerful alright! Do not be ashamed of what you have been given and bless others with what you have been blessed with. Trust God to bring you the friends you need to hear your testimony!

-Jacelyn (:

No comments: