Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Prayer Requests & Thanksgivng (29/08)

Hi BFC! It's great that we have lots of prayer requests AND thanksgiving this week! Shows our dependence on Him and our thankful hearts!

Daryl
Thank God that Prelims are almost over.
Pray for discipline and perseverance to survive the last week.

Smarties
Pray for GOOD relationship between parents.

Joshua
Pray that I'll DIE to self. Die to ill-discipline.

Joe
Thank God I hit my 150% target in August!
September is another stressful month. Pray for continued faith.

Ben
Pray for the coming Prelim exams

Cheryl
Thank God that my exams are over.
Pray that I will adapt well as internship starts.
Pray for favour with colleagues.

Ling Jia
Thank God for my results.
Pray that I'll continue to enjoy the presence of God and have the discipline to manage my time well.

Annabelle
Pray for my mum's health and also for my upcoming N level.

Jasmine
Pray for Ida's sister, she's in the hospital. Hope God will stay beside her and allow her to recover fast. Thank God that I'm able to bring Annabelle back to church to speak to God. Hope she'll feel comfortable with us. Pray for our upcoming N levels. God bless Iris through her way to the new environment.

Yeo Mei
Thank God I survived Prelims.
Pray that I do not lose my pace in revision, continue to work hard.
Pray that I spend more time with God.

Sophia
Thank God for a fruitful week! :D
Pray that the weekly cell discussion in my class would work out well, and that we will be able to first bring in Christians from my school to join us, and eventually impact the entire college!
Pray that I'll always be on task and fully utilise the time that I have.

XY
Thank God that he sustained me through the hectic weeks of prelims and pray for disciopline to study and the wisdom to prioritise and do what is most important :)

Jace
Pray for my Prelims - that I will have diligence & put in effort =)
Thank God because He has been talking to me & strengthening me!

Clarissa
Pray for my coming exams which is on 7 & 8 September. Very very important papers.

KEEP PERSEVERING IN YOUR PRAYERS! DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR PRAYERS!

And here's a hymn for encouragement,

What a friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privelege to carry everything to God in prayer!
O what peace we often forfeit, O what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry everything to God in prayer.

Have we trials and temptations? Is there truble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged; take it to the Lord in prayer.
Can we find a friend so faithful, who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness; take it to the Lord in prayer.

Are we weak and heavy laden, cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Saviour still our refuge, take it to the Lord in prayer!
Do thy friends despise, forsake thee? Take it to the Lord in prayer!
In His arms He'll take and shield thee; thou wilt find a solace there.

Blessed Saviour, Thou hast promised Thou wilt all our burdens bear
May we ever, Lord, be bringing all to Thee in earnest prayer.
Soon in glory bright unclouded, there will be no need for prayer
Rapture, praise and endless worship will be our sweet portion there.

May the peace of the Lord be in our hearts! Have a great week! Sorry for this long post. Do note that there's a previous post about sending Iris off (red card) on Thursday!

See ya all soon!
Daryl

No comments: