Thursday, May 8, 2008

heart of God

Hey there cell. I just read a short devotion that spoke a big message to me.
You know how we really wish we could do what God wants us to do.. But our own personal desires is just acting like a blockade that stops us from doing what pleases God sometimes. I wish so many times that God will just take total control of me, like I'm a robot. But I know that's not how God intends our lives to be, devoid of feelings and freewill, just to make Him happy.
The devotion taught me this. "[Christianity is] not a religion to kill our desires and then call it santification. It takes us to the heart of God, beginning the journey of desire and ending with an intimate relationship with God."
When we desire more of God, when we know and love Him so much more, that's when we can truly be willing to surrender our desires. This life is not mine, it's a gift from God that I truly hope to use and please Him with.

Jace

No comments: