Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I've not blogged here for quite a while...... so here I am to blog a teeny weeny sharing.

James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.

Just during this morning at 00:00 ++, I was reading the previous day's our daily bread and this verse appeared. So I kinda smiled and told my mum who was beside me, "I hope this verse is for me." The reason for saying that is because I felt that I didn't deserve the wisdom God gives cause I'd been spending the past three days sleeping like a pig, watching tv like end time is coming and i need to watch it now kinda thing. But I think it's mostly because it was the last paper and I really really don't want to study. (I started studying only at around 7pm)
Anyway, I went on to read the rest of the chapter and the words, "without finding fault" seem to have appeared more real to me somehow.

James 1:6-8
But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does.

Yup, it sounded quite fierce.. Haha. Especially the word double-minded man, cause I remember my aunt who described our mind as a battleground between Satan and God. Being double-minded sounds to me like I am standing on each side once in a while or as the old chinese saying goes, "one leg step on two boats".. And ain't even sure of what I believe in! The result: I clung on to this promise and my geog paper was really a bliss. (:

I hope this sharing reminds us whenever we choose to either believe in God's promises or forfeit it. He doesn't have any reason to take back His word especially when He loves us so much. Of course, remembering His assurance in Romans 8:28 that all things work for the good for those who love Him even when it doesn't seem good to us at all. (:

To those still mugging hard for exams, may God grant you wisdom. And to the cell, wisdom in our everyday life and the willingness to give Him our best (:

Sorry for the sharing that did not prove to be short.

Jace

No comments: