Thursday, September 11, 2008

2 Cor 12:9

Hi Dearies,

Just wanna share with you a verse my friend wrote on her blog and it's just so apt and in season. It's taken from 2 cor 12: 9. Sometimes when i struggle, i try to use my own strength and i forget that i'm just like an egg. I will crack, i will break. On the other hand, God is a massive Rock. He will protect me and walk before me to shield me.

I have included a few versions for your reading.

9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. (NKJV)

9 Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. (NLT)

My grace is enough; it's all you need. My strength comes into its own in your weakness.Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen. I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift. It was a case of Christ's strength moving in on my weakness. Now I take limitations in stride, and with good cheer, these limitations that cut me down to size—abuse, accidents, opposition, bad breaks. I just let Christ take over! And so the weaker I get, the stronger I become. (The Message)

All in all, it speaks of God's grace is ever so sufficient for us. It's okay if there are things i am not good at; it's okay if i struggle with things. I can just surrender to God and let Him see me through. We must build our faith and hope in God. It also teaches me that i should not limit what God can do to me, for me, through me, in me. This is really a reminder for all of us to draw close to God, to rely on Him.

Remember that God is always here!

With Love,
Shepherd's pie. =)

No comments: