Thursday, March 26, 2009

No One Will Succeed By Strength Alone

1 Sam 2:9,10
He protectively cares for his faithful friends, step by step,
but leaves the wicked to stumble in the dark.
No one makes it in this life by sheer muscle!
God's enemies will be blasted out of the sky,
crashed in a heap and burned.
God will set things right all over the earth,
he'll give strength to his king,
he'll set his anointed on top of the world!

1 Sam 2 talks about Hannah praising God, after God granted her a son (Samuel). I was meditating on the verse and was struck by verse 9, when it says "No one will succeed by strength alone". How many times have I strive by my own strength? How many times have I felt that I have not tried hard enough? The Word of God reminded me, that sheer hard work is not good enough. Ultimately, God provides, He's in control. I'm such a control freak!!

Teach me Lord, how to release EVERY situation into your good hands. Nothing is too difficult for You. Thank you Lord, for your assurance, that you will "set things right" and I'll be exalted on top of the world : ]

Shepherd

No comments: